Grace and Hope

Grace and Hope
Wait for God. Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always! Pslam 131:3

Friday, May 13, 2011

What is a Kumquat Anyway?

Three kamquats have made it through the most critical portion of development-the embryonic period, which lasts the first 10 weeks of pregnancy. You might ask the same question as me—what is a kumquat—other than googling an answer, I had no idea! For those of you who want a better idea of the size of each baby, kumquats are comparable in size to prunes.
During this next stage of development, the fetal period, the tissues and organs grow and mature. Vital organs such as the kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver are all starting to function. However, it is the fine details that are even more impressive! Nails are forming on fingers and toes, hair is growing on the skin, the legs and arms can now bend, spinal nerves stretch through the spinal cord, bones and cartilage are forming, and teeth are developing under the gums. God truly is amazing!
Each week is getting a little tougher from the nausea and vomiting standpoint, but staying alive! Unfortunately my weight gain has not been as strong due these issues, so trying to do what I can to get food down and stay down!
Some of you may have noticed that I did some construction to the blog-site. Keep in mind, I’m an amateur at this blogging (although some of you have been keeping up with my more informal dialoguing since the day I left for college!), so I’m learning as I go! I was hoping that once the blog was updated that it would automatically send you an email to check the blog, but for some unknown reason (even to my computer nerd husband), it is not sending the automatic updates. I apologize...Until we can maybe improve this feature, just check the blog each Friday afternoon. Also, some have mentioned that they could not post comments; however, I know believe for those that had trouble in the past, if you select "anonymous "when you post the comment that it should work. Sorry for all the confusion...I'm a novice to blogging!! Have a great weekJ

No comments:

Post a Comment