Grace and Hope

Grace and Hope
Wait for God. Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always! Pslam 131:3

Thursday, November 11, 2010

IVF Postponed Until Further Notice

I appreciate everyone's prayers, thoughts and love! I know that your support over this past year has made such a difference and at times has been what has carried me through the happiest and saddest times of this emotional roller coaster. 
I had my third of three procedures on Friday prior to officially starting IVF stimulation medications. Unfortunately, the procedure showed that I still have a complication from the ectopic pregnancy that was diagnosed July of this year. The study showed a right hydrosalpinx. Even with being in the nursing profession, I too had to Google what exactly this all means! Basically, a hydrosalpinx is a blocked fallopian tube (right side where the ectopic pregnancy was implanted) which fills with fluid and can result in mild-moderate pain, but more importantly results in infertility. Unfortunately the only treatment for it is to remove the fallopian tube. I am scheduled for surgery for a right tubal ligation December 2, 2010. After I recover from surgery, I will be able to proceed with IVF probably January-March time period. 
Most of you probably are aware, but my mom was admitted to the hospital Friday November 5. After putting the pieces together, it appears that she had a urinary tract infection that spread to her bloodstream. She became very critical within a matter of hours. She continues to remain critical but is more stable than the first few days. We continue to pray for her and love on her. Please pray for her full recovery. 
My focus has changed to supporting my mom through this tragedy and being there for my family as much as possible. I don't anticipate posting again until after surgery for an update on how things are progressing. Again, I'm so blessed to be surrounded by so many people that love and support me and also my dearly loved mom, during this time. 

2 comments:

  1. Considering that you're sitting right next to me binging on mint hershey kisses, I'm not sure what else I could say to you except that I love you very much and I'm so glad you're here. And that you should post the newer blogs first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the blog & updates, I think this is a great idea.....You are in our prayers every day, waiting for more good news about your mom, Love you. Maida

    ReplyDelete