Grace and Hope

Grace and Hope
Wait for God. Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always! Pslam 131:3

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Oh Avocados…How I Love You So Much Already!

This week the babies are size of avocados, measuring 4-5 inches and weighing in at a whopping 3-5 ounces!! It is amazing how much I love these precious little babies already. I find myself looking at the ultrasound pictures from two weeks ago on a daily basis and counting down the time when I can see them next on ultrasound (Friday—yes tomorrow!!). These babies are already very spoiled with love and prayersJ
This week the babies continue to grow and finer details continue to evolve. These details include the development of eyelashes and eyebrows, formation of the scalp (which will determine just how the hair will grow), lengthening and hardening of bones, movement of the eyes (although still shut), grasping his/her thumb to make a fist, and the heart is busy pumping 25 quarts of blood every day. It is amazing that God is concerned about all these little details that become so important to the big picture!
In other news…I am a free woman for almost 48 hours now. I am trialing being off the Zofran pump, which was a continuous infusion of medicine into my leg for the nausea and vomiting (more importantly!). I always had to carry around a fanny-pack type carrier that transported the medicine, pump, and supplies for emergencies. So it is very nice not to have to tote….or should I say, lug that around these days. So far I’m hanging in there. I have started to become somewhat symptomatic again, but I’m hoping I can battle it with the pill form instead of the pump. I’m also trying to adjust to the change in dose which causes severe migraine-like headaches (anyone who has been on Zofran for a period of time can relate!), and I’m hoping over the next few days that should improve too. I’m moving in the right direction…it just is taking a lot of patience to get over this hump.
Tomorrow afternoon we will have another ultrasound (the highlight of my week!). This weekend is a busy weekend, so I hope to post pictures over the weekend, but didn’t want to delay a post, so I thought I would post a little early. Stay tuned for updated ultrasound pictures, maybe a belly picture (hmmm?!), and if the babies cooperate and spread their little thighs we might even find out their sexes! So very excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment