Grace and Hope

Grace and Hope
Wait for God. Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always! Pslam 131:3

Friday, June 10, 2011

Second Trimester...Finally!!

Today marks the first day of the second trimester….whooohoooo!! Now at 14 weeks, the babies are the size of a lemon, measuring 3 ½ inches in length and a whopping 1.5 ounces. Believe it or not, the weight of each baby has increased almost 60% since just last week!
The major highlights in development are some of the finer details including the ability to squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his or her thumb. Also, hair is growing on the head, for eye brows, and a very fine layer of hair, known as lanugo, is starting to cover the whole body. Last week was fingerprints, and this week is fingernails…pretty awesome!
I’m now off the IV fluids (Thank the Lord!) and feel much freer, as I’m no longer confined to an IV pole for at least 10 hours a day. I’ve asked the homecare company several times to pick up the IV pole and extra supplies, but they aren’t quite convinced this was a one-time stent…but I am! I’ll be on the Zofran pump probably for at least a month or so more. I am so happy to report that it has brought back some of my sanity and I feel a lot of relief. However, I still have rough days every 1-2 days, and actually just last night broke my “puke-free streak”…and unfortunately, I don’t do anything small, I sure went out with a bang!
I have an appointment late in the afternoon today, so I hope to post ultrasound pictures tonight or the weekend to this posting. I didn’t want to wait too long to post because I know quite a few of you are eager to read the updates on Fridays. More to come….

Baby A (face up):
Baby B (face down)


No comments:

Post a Comment